12 and older
Step by step you will learn:1. Creating a resistant shape/ Design a pattern
2 - Smoothing the edges
- How to design your own a piece that will not break
- Understanding how do glass and metal resist their own weight and external exposure, such as light, wind, rain and gravitational weight.
- Each piece of glass will have a designed template.
2- First layer of structural metal
- How to cut and sand glass sheets, sanding each side of the glass shape with a special Grinder.
3 – Assembling the piece together
- To use copper foil, wrapping the glass sheets around – which will be the first layer of a resistant structure.
4- Pattern evolution
- Soldering with Tin and flux to JOIN your pieces.
5- Patina finish
- We will start building 2D (level 1) and then 3D shapes (level 2) creating colorful light effects and prisms.
*All lessons include all materials.
- Once the piece is finished we can chose to alter the tin’s finished color – this can be cooper, black or just leave its shiny silver color without treatment.
: Price changes if student would rather be using different type of glass than the one that is provided. For special request, inquire during class.
These are all intensive workshops which I encourage you to take at least 2 classes to learn how to use this technique correctly and have a practice to understand the way materials work.*As the student interest grows I am willing to assist in any type of project, following up on the process of creation.
For those who are interest in Sacred Geometry. I am open to deepen our lessons into these topics.
I speak fluent English and Spanish, so I can offer my service in both languages.