18 and older
For total beginners -- if you've been wanting to learn to sew or you haven't touched a machine in years, this is the class for you! In just one evening we'll walk you through the basics; you'll leave class with a finished, lined tote bag. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Basic intro to a sewing machine, including how to sew a straight seam
- How to cut fabric accurately
- Pinning and sewing seams, understanding seam allowance
- Creating a lining for a bag, and attaching straps
- Leave class with an understanding of sewing fundamentals, and the knowledge to tackle more sewing projects on your own!
Q: Are Materials Provided and Included in the Cost of the Class?
No, All tools needed to complete this class will be provided and sewing machines will be available courtesy of BERNINA of America. But the Fabric is not included and will be available for purchase in the retail shop at a 10% discount.