18 and older
This course prepares architects and engineers in New York State to comply with the many new requirements in the 2015 NYS Energy Conservation Construction Code and design more energy-efficient buildings in the process. In an era of more stringent code enforcement, the course provides critical knowledge about significant changes, new provisions, and best practices to avoid objections and stalled projects.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the structure and rationale behind the energy code, and know how to navigate it.
- Be able to differentiate the various compliance pathways and understand the requirements for compliance on residential projects.
- Understand the interdependence of the building envelope, mechanical and lighting systems and their impacts on energy consumption.
- Know what to expect at progress inspection.
- Sharpen communications and coordination with clients, the design team, code officials and the construction team to remove barriers to compliance.
- This course is not intended for people who want to learn energy modeling or how to use COMcheck or REScheck, but will teach you the prescriptive requirements that underlie those programs.
- Each Conquering the Energy Code course is led by a certified instructor with more than five years of professional architecture or engineering experience, a passion for sustainability, and in-depth knowledge of the green building industry.
- Advance registration is required for this course; unfortunately, we cannot accept walk-ins.
- Coffee and Lunch are not provided.
- Price includes the course manual.